script

The daily life of a girl who loves glitter, gothic and glamour!

Friday 2 November 2012

Let Them Eat Cake!

Well, this is a bit of a random post but I wanted to share with you some pictures of my cake creations!

I love baking and making cakes but I also really enjoy decorating them as well.

I haven't done any for quite some time, the last one I did was a christening cake for my cousins little boy back in February.

I got into it purely by chance. My son was very into the children's programme In The Night Garden around his first birthday. I couldn't find any figures to put on the top of the cake so wondered if I could make them in some way. I had some playdoh in the cupboard , I figured if I could make it out of that, maybe I could make them out of sugar paste?

The model turned out ok , so I got the sugar paste and went to work! The cake was a success and it went from there!

I've worked out my way of doing things from what will work and what needs to be adapted on a design, to how to make things stand up on their own.

Since then I've done trains, motorbikes and a Noah's Ark :)

I really enjoy making them and maybe in the future I will get to do a course to learn more techniques.

I'll leave you with a few pictures of the cakes I have made. Everything you see is edible! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Miss Anthropia said...

Wow! You are really good at it! Such cute cakes. Love the animals, super sweet :)

Vintage Hopes and Retro Dreams said...

Aww thank you :) they take forever to do but I love doing them! The Noah's Ark was my favourite to do :)