script

The daily life of a girl who loves glitter, gothic and glamour!

Monday 29 October 2012

MCM Comic Con

So on Saturday , Marcus and I went to MCM Comic Con at the Excel Centre in London. It's my second visit to this particular convention as I went in the summer this year. The convention is always great for people watching , the costumes of the cos players and also the shopping!

We got up pretty early but as usual it took me forever to get ready! There's lots of walking involved and I want to be comfortable but also make an effort! We got to the train station only to find replacement bus services on most of our line boooooo :( A quick trip to the next station and we were on our way!


 
We went through West Ham Station :D



We got to the centre and oh my goodness it was so cold!! , especially with the wind coming off the water! Within a few minutes we could tell what the most popular choices of costume were :) There were as usual tons of manga and anime characters. I couldn't tell who they were as that isn't something I'm in too , but you could tell they had made quite a bit of effort with their costumes. There were lots of Pikachu's, Loki's,  Batman's and Doctor Who's! There were lots that had just gone to Primark and bought a onesie , although considering how cold it was I don't blame them!!

We got our wristbands , thankfully having bought our tickets in advance we didn't have to queue, and we made our way into the convention. It was heaving! so much busier than the summer one and just as hot :/

 
The epic queue........

 
It was so busy that it was difficult to actually look properly at anything , but being the seasoned shopper that I am, I did manage to get a couple of things! I got Aaron a giant plushy Shadow Hedgehog as he loves the Sonic games , and I got an awesome Munsters DVD box set , the closed casket edition!
 
 
We had a nice lunch and did some people watching ^^ then we met a couple of Marcus' friends who he'd met playing WoW. We decided that trying to find somewhere to sit in the centre was pretty much useless, so we went to Canary Wharf and had coffee and cake and a proper conversation where we could hear each other! It actually seemed eerily quiet after the chaos at Excel!
 
All in all a great day , there is a Sci Fi convention next month we hope to go to as well , I actually think this will be more our thing as although we love comics , the convention was manga / anime heavy.
 
I'll leave you with a few random snaps of the day!
 



 
I really want this girls sugar skull bag!


 
Inside the centre , lots of people.........

 
Loved this Dr Zoidberg!

 
Lots of animators and artists

 
 
 
 

 

 
People watching....
 
 






 

2 comments:

Miss Anthropia said...

Looked crowded, but soo fun ^^ I want to go too.
So cool if people make an effort with costumes. Really makes walking around an adventure haha!

Vintage Hopes and Retro Dreams said...

It was really fun!! ^^