script

The daily life of a girl who loves glitter, gothic and glamour!

Friday 26 October 2012

Hair colour time!

I'm going to London Comic Con tomorrow so I figured it was time for the most boring of jobs, dyeing my hair!

It's not something I really enjoy. I've experimented with so many colours over the last few years and my hair is pretty damaged because of that. I'm trying to grow it longer as well. I'm always a little scared that it'll be one dye job too many and my hair will fall out ha ha!

I usually like to dye it blue- black. The blue hue doesn't last a great deal of time but I prefer it to the flat black. I'm using up the last box of my Schwarzkopf and I'll look to getting something cruelty free for next time, probably a SuperDrug own brand or a Goldwell one which I can get at the beauty wholesalers.

The last time I coloured I added a little moroccan oil to the dye and although I don't think it made a huge difference to the colour , it was easier to wash out.

Last time I was at the beauty wholesalers, I treated myself to a new tint bowl and brushes. I can't apply hair colour straight out of the tube like it says to, I'd get it everywhere! I also find I can get a more even coverage, So a new hot pink tint bowl and animal print tint brushes for me!

After that it's on with the sexy carrier bag hair helmet so I don't get dye everywhere.

I'll finish it off with some lovely lush shampoo and conditioner. Their Happy Happy Joy Joy conditioner smells divine and I'm loving the Ren and Stimpy name reference :D

No comments: