script

The daily life of a girl who loves glitter, gothic and glamour!

Friday 7 December 2012

OPI James Bond Collection

Today I finally got my hands on some of the OPI shades from the James Bond Collection.

Now I couldn't decide whether to purchase these initially as although OPI is cruelty free and on Petas don't test list, they are owned by Coty who do test.

With regards to my own personal products, I won't buy any product that isn't cruelty free or is made by a company that is owned by a company that tests, for example The Body Shop is leaping bunny approved but is owned by L'oreal.

With my work products, I have had to relax this slightly and aim for brands that are as cruelty free as possible. I email suppliers and try to get as cruelty free as I can. It's hard but I have to supply my business :(

Anyway, back to the goodies! So I got two colours , On Her Majesty's Secret Service which is a blue toned glitter and Live and Let Die which is a dark green with shimmer in. I also found the coveted The Man With The Golden Gun topcoat! It has pieces of 18 carat gold leaf suspended in it. It's divine and as I am a trade customer I got it for £14 instead of the £29.99 retail price.

Here I've put the top coat over Live and Let Die, but I think it would look great over a red or purple xx








2 comments:

Miss Anthropia said...

It`s hard knowing where to draw the line. I think I would do the same if I didn`t feel I had a better option. At least OPI don`t test themselves :)
And the new Skyfall collection looks amazing!!!

Vintage Hopes and Retro Dreams said...

It's annoying but I have to buy professional products for work :( I'm going to investigate China Glaze as I've read somewhere they are cruelty free. I know my facial line is and I try and email suppliers for answers. I guess it's about doing what you can when you can. A lot of them are made in Britain though, so most likely cruelty free x