script

The daily life of a girl who loves glitter, gothic and glamour!

Sunday 18 August 2013

Weekend

This weekend has been quite chilled, it was my last couple of days with my son away with his dad for their annual holiday, I'm so glad to have him back with me today, I've missed him terribly and I swear he keeps me sane!

Yesterday we had a day of house cleaning as my cats have gifted me some little visitors!!!! I have been bitten to death and I've had to use horrible chemicals on them and the house! Hopefully we are on top of the problem but it's something that we are going to have to treat continually until the hot weather subsides :( the problem is they mix with other cats as they go outside, if other people don't treat their cats then it just perpetuates, sigh ......

In the evening we treated ourselves to luxury seats at the cinema to see The World's End. It was the first time Marcus had been to this cinema and he enjoyed it, quite different to his one in Sweden! The seats were great, reclining, leather, very comfy :) 

The film was good. Not brilliant and I felt it was a little lacking. It had some great parts and Simon Pegg dressed as an old goth and never growing up was both funny and annoying. I feel like they had a great idea for a movie but didn't really follow it through properly. I didn't find myself willing the lead character on, I didn't particularly like him that much, I just didn't find him endearing. I love Simon Pegg with Run Fatboy Run being one of my favourite movies but something just seemed missing. Still it was entertaining and it was nice to have an evening out with my love :)

Today we all went into town with my sons dad and we had my favourite Nandos for lunch. On the way back after I popped into The Body Shop as I needed a new everyday perfume as my Jean Paul Gaultier is running low. 

I treated myself to their new Indian Night Jasmine perfume, vineyard peach body lotion and their honey bronze shimmer lip balm!

The perfume is lovely, just the right amount of floral sweet without being headache inducing! I've been having problems with my Black Phoenix Alchemy oils just recently, every time I wear them I get a headache :( 

The peach body lotion smells so good, I want to eat it! The body butter was divine but I find those too heavy in summer.

The honey lip balm was an impulse buy. I couldn't resist the hive shaped packaging! It's a lovely peach shimmery lip balm just right for late summer days :)

I hope you've had a great weekend whatever you've been up too x


Honey lip balm, Indian Night Jasmine perfume and Vineyard Peach Body Lotion


It's so cute!


Couldn't resist it! 



In the pot 


On the lips (excuse crappy photo) it's a beautiful peach with a subtle shimmer

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Hello lovely! Which cinema was that, it sounds lovely! Ooh, and your lips look tres Angelina Jolie :) xx

Miss Anthropia said...

Sorry to hear about the unwelcome visitors! Ugh!
The body shop stuff looks super. I usually love peach scented stuff to. So I would probably love you body lotion :)

Vintage Hopes and Retro Dreams said...

Mimi: it was The Empire in festival leisure in Baz! You have to book luxury seats at £15 each but they were well worth it in my opinion! That lip balm is lovely, def check it out :) xx

Siv: yes I wasn't pleased at all, still the house is spotless!! The peach range is lovely, I'm a huge fan of peach scents too :) xx