script

The daily life of a girl who loves glitter, gothic and glamour!

Friday 10 August 2012

And the Geek shall inherit the earth

I went into our local town the other day to take my son swimming. Whilst buying something in Topshop, the assistant told me that our Geek shop in town was closing and they were having a 70% sale on everything!

Although the store closure is really sad, I got some AMAZING bargains! Marcus and I would quite often walk around the store making a mental wish list of things we'd like if money were no object. Sadly, a lot of it was out of our price range , but in the sale I got a few gems that I'd had my eye on for ages!!

First I got some plushy Angry Birds for my son , he loves the game and the toys. Then for Marcus I got some awesome Simpsons collectibles including a jack-in-a-box Krusty :D

For myself I got............


Stay Puft marshmallow man money box! Absolutely my favourite character from one of my favourite films :) I first saw one of these in Forbidden Planet about 3 years ago and finally he is mine!

Next was the Rob Zombie voodoo doll. A great collectible that again I'd been after for a little while.



Next up is a plushy Cthulhu, I'm a real sucker for anything with Cthulhu on it and this little guy is just the cutest! He can sit happily with my plushy Dr Zoidberg :D


and finally.......I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I also love anything pink. I'd seen this in the shop a little while ago and when it had 70% of it also, I knew I had to have it! It was released as a special edition with some of the proceeds going to breast cancer care.............A pink Darth Vader helmet!




Now all we need is our new display unit in the living room for our pretties to sit on! May the (pink) force be with you!

1 comment:

Miss Anthropia said...

Oh my god!!! So much cool stuff!!!! I would love a plushy Cthulhu for myself. He would live with me in bed, lol^^
To bad the store is closing down. Seems like all the best shops just disappears.