script

The daily life of a girl who loves glitter, gothic and glamour!

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Barry M Collection

I was purging my make up collection this afternoon , getting rid of stuff I don't use and that doesn't suit me, and I realised I've got quite a growing Barry M collection! So I thought I'd do a super quick review of some of my favourites.

I love this brand, cheap , cheerful and cruelty free! For a long time they just made nail polish and glitter dusts, they were kind of the first make up brand to make more "alternative" make up, I remember vividly having one of their mood lipsticks as a teenager :)

I think the nail polishes have to be my favourite, particularly the glitters. My favourite colour for toes is what I call my "Dorothy Pedicure" I use one coat of 262 bright red and one coat of 150 red glitter on top. It makes the glitter look really dense and shiny, just like Dorothy's ruby slippers.

I have several of the dazzle dusts too , my favourite shade is 98, an amazing navy with a purple shimmer. I do have one of the fine glitter dusts but I don't think these are as wearable as the glitter is quite chunky. I love using the dazzle dust as a highlight in the centre of my eyelid, I did this recently on a shoot and it came out so well in the pictures.

The lip glosses are also well worth it, the clear is great and replaces my old collection 2000 one nicely, I also have an amazing red glitter one , shade 9 which smells and tastes of cherries! The glitter is quite chunky though, something to bear in mind.

The regular eyeshadows are lovely, particularly shade 7 which is a beautiful iridescent pink, very subtle and is great as a base colour, the imperfection correction concealer pen is also a good buy.

The only thing that I've been disappointed with so far has been the mascaras. I think the Eye Of Horus one is SO much better, yes it's much more expensive, but as mascara is my must have make up item, I don't mind. It wasn't awful, just not enough oomph for me, I like big fat lashes! 

You can find Barry M at any Superdrug or you can shop online at www.barrym.com 

(I'm sorry if the pictures aren't aligned, I need to fiddle with the blog settings but I haven't had the time as yet, bear with me! Xx)










1 comment:

Miss Anthropia said...

Nice big collection :)
I have the red glitter one too now <3 So pretty in the sunlight, I kept looking at my nails the whole day I had it on.