script

The daily life of a girl who loves glitter, gothic and glamour!

Monday 11 March 2013

Eye of Horus and Cocktail Cosmetics

This is an old post but Blogger decided to eat it! So I' m reposting it again! Enjoy ........................................................

I'm always on the look out for "the one" when it comes to mascara. It's my can't live without item in my make up bag and I'm very very picky about how I want them to perform!

Up until now the best cruelty free one I'd found was the Gosh Catchy Eyes, I really like this mascara but I found out recently that the parent company who owns Gosh is not animal friendly :( so I was on the hunt for another! Siv over at Miss Anthropia blog had tried one called Eye Of Horus, we have quite similar tastes so I thought I would try it as well.

I'm really impressed. It gives both length and volume to the lashes and holds a great curl, in fact I'm pretty sure I can say goodbye to strip lashes for shoots as this gives the same effect without the annoying application!

It's also reasonably natural and paraben free and I love the name and the packaging. I ordered mine from Cocktail Cosmetics which is an online store selling only cruelty free cosmetics. They are currently running a special offer which means you get 50% off any other Eye of Horus product plus a free gift. I got the Charcoal liner and that too is brilliant, very long lasting and comes with a smudger on the end of the pencil!

The only downside to this mascara is the price .... £13...but considering the Gosh one is £8 , I don't think its a huge increase. Some L'oreal mascaras retail for over £10.

I would definitely buy more products from this line , and from Cocktail Cosmetics, great service and great range of products including Lime Crime, NYX, Sigma and many others. I also ordered some samples of the Everyday Minerals Foundations, the packaging is so cute but unfortunately I didn't think they performed as well as my E.LF one. It's great that you buy the samples for 30p each otherwise it would have been £15 wasted!

I have placed an order with E.L.F recently so hopefully some more products reviews coming next week! xx









1 comment:

Miss Anthropia said...

What a pretty package you got with the little bag and ribbon :)
I am in love with my mascara <3 its the best lol^^

Great to hear E.L.F. is holding up against giants. Maybe there is no need to search for new mineral foundation!?? :)